Willms, S.C. Helps You Understand Elder & Disability Law
Elder and disability law focuses on the issues that affect us as we or members of our family experience aging and/or disability. For many clients, this involves finding good resources for long-term care and finding the best ways to pay for it. For other clients, the focus is on making sure wishes are honored and autonomy is maintained as much as possible in advanced age.
Planning for younger people with disabilities or special needs focuses on obtaining financial assistance from government programs, finding good housing, support services, education, job training, and health care resources.
Elder and Disability Law - we are here to help
Willms, S.C., assists clients with a variety of legal issues focused on elder and disability law, including:
- Planning for a nursing home stay or long-term care;
- Qualifying and applying for Medicaid (Title 19), income benefits, and housing benefits;
- Seeking guardianship of a parent, child, or other loved one;
- Transition planning for a child with a disability as he/she reaches adulthood;
- Drafting and utilizing special needs trusts; and
- Drafting advanced directives and other estate planning documents to carry out wishes and maximize planning opportunities.
We also maintain close relationships with local agencies and community resources, as well as other professionals who focus on these issues, so that we can guide clients to the best possible solutions for their particular situation.